Are you looking for some important Microsoft Azure interview questions? This article lists 10 of them that you may be quizzed on.
Microsoft Azure (formerly Windows Azure) is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft for building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services through Microsoft-managed data centers. It provides software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and supports many different programming languages, tools, and frameworks, both Microsoft-specific and third-party software and systems. Source: Wikipedia.
1. What is the Windows Azure Platform?
A question on the platform is one of those Azure interview questions commonly asked at the start of your evaluation. Windows Azure platform is a service that is used for programming, running, deploying applications, and maintaining data in a cloud environment. It provides a platform that is infrastructure-ready for hosting applications and services.
Windows Azure offers storage services, the creation of a framework that supports several applications, and hosting and managing the services centrally. The Windows Azure platform consists of three cloud technologies: Windows Azure, App Fabric (.Net Services), and SQL Azure.
2. What are the components of the Windows Azure Platform?
The core components of the Windows Azure Platform are:
- Computer: Windows Azure provides computation with the help of different roles. The roles are:
- Web Role: It is used for web application and IIS 7 supports it.
- Worker Role: It is used for managing the background processes of web roles.
- VM Role: The virtual machine role is used for migrating an application to the Azure platform.
- Storage: Windows Azure provides storage services on-cloud. The different storage types are:
- Queue: It is used for a message between the web and worker roles
- Table: It is used for data structuring.
- Binary Large Objects (BLOBs): They are used to store text and files.
- Windows Azure Drive (VHD): It is used to mount a page BLOB.
- Fabric: It provides infrastructure services for Azure applications. The infrastructure services are Service bus, Access, Caching, Composite, and integration.
- CDN: CDN stands for content delivery network. It provides service to access the data across the globe. This process speeds up the delivery of content which is repeated and it also helps in performance improvement.
3. What are the different types of deployment models in cloud computing?
The different deployment models in cloud computing are:
- Private cloud.
- Public cloud.
- Hybrid Cloud.
4. What are the advantages of using Windows Azure?
The advantages are:
- Flexibility: Windows Azure supports different programming languages like .NET, Java, etc. It provides the flexibility to create different kinds of applications with Windows Azure.
- Scalable: Windows Azure helps to scale services, both up and down. Performance and services will remain the same even after scaling; this benefits small and middle-level organizations.
- Security: Windows Azure provides security for the protection and privacy of data. It is known for its reliability and security.
- Extendable: Windows Azure has the compatibility to easily integrate with existing applications or environments while ensuring security and private connectivity. It provides extensibility to storage and services.
- Trusted: Windows Azure is used by many companies and is among the most trusted cloud platforms.
Must Read: 10 Effective Blockchain Interview Questions
5. What is the Azure Active Directory used for?
Several Azure interview questions revolve around the concept of Active Directory. It is used for granting employees or users access to particular products and services in a network. Azure Active Directory is also referred to as the Identity and Access management system.
6. What are cspack, csrun, and guestOS?
Cspack is a command-line tool that generates the service package file and prepares the application for deployment to Windows Azure.
Csrun is a command-line tool that deploys the packaged application on Windows Azure.
GuestOS is an operating system that will run on the virtual machine (VM) for hosting an instance of a role.
7. What are the features and services of Windows Azure?
Windows Azure has many features:
- It allows users to build websites using different programming languages like Java, .NET, etc. These websites can then be deployed with the help of version control tools like GIT.
- SQL Azure database extends and scales the application present on the cloud using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Its platform as a service (PaaS) offering supports multi-tier applications, automated deployment, and other services.
Windows Azure has different services that include (but are not limited to) websites, cloud services, virtual machine (VM), SQL database, tables in data management, SQL reporting, and data marketplace in business analytics.
8. What is the difference between a private cloud and a public cloud?
The main differences are:
|S.No.||Private Cloud||Public Cloud|
|1.||It is built exclusively for an individual, organization, or enterprise.||It is built for public access.|
|2.||Privately shared virtual resources.||The virtual resources are shared publicly.|
|3.||Private clouds are expensive.||Public clouds are comparatively cheaper as the cost is handled by the provider.|
|4.||It provides connectivity over the internet, private network, or fiber.||It provides connectivity over the internet.|
|5.||It’s maintained by the entity that owns the private cloud.||It’s maintained by the organization that provides the cloud services for others to use.|
|6.||It is used for confidential information.||It is suited for information that doesn’t require extensive security measures.|
|7.||It is not accessible by everyone.||The access permissions are greater as compared to a private cloud.|
|8.||In a private cloud, scalability can be a challenge sometimes.||In a public cloud, scalability is easy to achieve.|
9. What is a SQL Azure database?
This falls in the category of intermediate/advanced-level Azure interview questions. SQL Azure database helps in connecting to the cloud services where the database is stored on the cloud. It is also referred to as Microsoft SQL data services. SQL Azure has features like scalability, security, and availability. It also takes the backup of every active database automatically.
10. What is an Azure availability set?
The Azure availability set is a logical group of multiple virtual machines (VMs) that allows Azure to understand the availability provided to an application. Two or more VMs are created within an availability set to provide a highly available application and to meet the Azure SLA. Azure SLA applies to unplanned maintenance when a single VM is used with Azure storage.
Interested in sharing your Microsoft Azure interview experience? Do comment. If you have a treasure chest of Microsoft Azure interview questions, we’d love to hear from you. To ensure you’re rock-solid ready for your Microsoft Azure interview, please go through the official documentation portal.