Top 10 Effective Microsoft Azure Interview Questions
Looking for the Microsoft Azure Interview Questions? Here you can find Top 10 Effective Microsoft Azure Interview Questions.
Microsoft Azure (formerly Windows Azure is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft for building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services through Microsoft-managed data centers. It provides software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and supports many different programming languages, tools and frameworks, including both Microsoft-specific and third-party software and systems. Source: Wikipedia.
Microsoft Azure Interview Questions
1. What is the Windows Azure Platform?
This is the basic Azure interview questions for Azure. Windows Azure platform is a service that is used for programming, running, deploying applications and keeping the data in a cloud environment. It provides the platform which is infrastructure ready for hosting the applications and services.
Windows Azure offers storage services, a creation of a framework that supports several applications and for hosting and managing the services centrally. Windows Azure platform consists of three cloud technologies that are: Windows Azure, App Fabric (.Net Services) and SQL Azure.
2. Explain the components of the Windows Azure Platform?
- Computer: – Windows Azure provides the computation with help of roles and roles are:
- Web Role: It is used for web application and IIS 7 supported it.
- Worker Role: It used for managing the background processes of web roles.
- VM Role: Virtual Machine role is used for migrating an application to cloud or Azure
- Storage: – Windows Azure provides storage services in the cloud and its types are:
- Queues: It is used for a message between Web and worker roles
- Tables: It is used for data structuring.
- Binary Large Objects (BLOBs): It is used to store the text and files.
- Windows Azure Drives (VHD): It is used to mount a page BLOB.
- Fabric: – It provides infrastructure services for Azure applications and the services are: Service bus, Access, Caching, Composite, and integration.
- CDN: – It is referred to as a Content delivery network. It provides service to access the data across the globe. This process speeds up the delivery of content which is repeated and it also helps in performance improvement.
3. What are different types of deployment models used in a cloud?
The deployment models are:
- Private cloud
- Public cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
4. What are the advantages of using Windows Azure?
The advantages are:
- Flexibility: – Windows Azure supports different programming languages like .net, java etc. It provides the flexibility to create different kinds of applications with Windows Azure.
- Scalable: – Windows Azure helps to scale the services whether to make it up and down. Performance and services will remain the same even after doing scale and up which benefits the small and middle-level organizations.
- Security: – Windows Azure provides the security to protect and privacy of the data. It is very reliable and secured.
- Extendable: – Windows Azure has the compatibility to easily integrate with existing applications or environment with all security and private connectivity. It provides extendibility to storage and services.
- Trusted: – Windows Azure is used by the many companies and It is the most trusted cloud platform.
Must Read: 10 Effective Blockchain Interview Questions
5. What is the use of Azure Active Directory?
This is the most common Azure Interview Questions. It is used for granting the access to employees or users to particular product and service in a user network. Azure Active Directory also referred to as Identity and Access management system.
Let us move to the next Microsoft Azure Interview Questions
6. What is cspack, csrun, guestOS?
cspack is a command line tool that generates the service package file and prepares the application deployment to windows azure.
Csrun is a command line tool that deploys the packaged application to windows azure.
guestOS is an operating system that will run on the virtual machine (VM) to host an instance of a role.
7. What are the features and service of Windows Azure?
Windows Azure has many features that are:
- It allows the users to build the sites using any of the programming languages like Java, .net, etc. and these can be deployed with help of using GIT etc.
- SQL Azure database extends and scales up and down the application to the cloud with the help of using Microsoft SQL server.
- It is a platform as a service (PaaS), which supports multi-tier applications and automated deployment and other services.
Windows Azure has different services to offer that are: Websites, Cloud service, virtual machine (VM), SQL database and Tables in Data management, SQL reporting and data marketplace in Business Analytics.
8.Difference between Private Cloud and Public cloud?
The main difference between them is:
|S.No.||Private Cloud||Public Cloud|
|1.||It is built exclusively for individual organization or enterprise.||It is built for many organizations.|
|2.||Privately shared virtual resources.||Publically shared virtual resources.|
|3.||Private Cloud’s Cost is very high||Public clouds are comparatively cheaper as all the cost handled by providers|
|4.||It provides the connectivity over the internet, private network or fiber.||It provides connectivity over the internet.|
|5.||Its maintained by the owned organization itself.||Its maintained by the organization which is providing the cloud service.|
|6.||It is mainly suited for more confidential information||It is suited for less confidential information.|
|7.||It is not accessible by anyone.||It may be accessible by other as well.|
|8.||In a private cloud, it is difficult to meet the scalability sometimes.||In a public cloud, scalability can be done easily.|
Let us move to the next Microsoft Azure Interview Questions
9. What is SQL Azure Database?
This is the advance Azure Interview Question asked in an interview. SQL Azure database helps in connecting to the cloud services where the database is stored for the organization on the cloud. It is also referred to as Microsoft SQL data services. SQL Azure has the features like scalability, security, and availability. It also takes the backup of every active database automatically.
10. What is an Azure Availability test?
The Azure availability set is the logical group of multiple virtual machines (VMs) that allows the azure to understand the availability provided to an application built. Two or more VMs are created within an availability set to provide the highly available application and to meet the Azure SLA. Azure SLA applies for unplanned maintenance when single VM is used with Azure storage.