Table of Contents
6 Interview mistakes you must avoid:
1. First interview mistakes to watch out for: Confusing an interview with an interrogation.
“MOST OF THE CANDIDATE TAKES INTERVIEW AS AN INTERROGATION WHICH IS THE VERY FIRST Interview mistakes you must avoid”
- Most candidates expect to be interrogated. An interrogation occurs when one person asks all the questions and the other gives the answers.
- An interview is a business conversation in which both people ask and respond to questions.
- Candidates who expect to be interrogated avoid asking questions, leaving the interviewer in the role of reluctant interrogator. So, the tip is to go to the interview prepared with questions!
2. Second interview mistake to watch out for: Making a so-called weakness seem positive.
“whenever interviewer asks about your weakness don’t tell you’re positive approach, this is the big Interview mistakes you must avoid”
- Interviewers frequently ask candidates, “What are your weaknesses?”
- Traditional interview wisdom tells you to take a weakness such as “I’m a perfectionist,” and turn it into a positive one. However, interviewers are not impressed by such a response – as it’s been used hundreds of times before. So instead of using this approach, highlight a skill that you wish to improve upon and describe what you are doing to enhance it.
- Takeaway: Interviewers do not want to focus on your weaknesses; they are more interested to see how you handle this question – as it tells them much more about you.
3. Third interview mistake to watch out for: Not asking any questions.
“not asking any question generally shows that you are not willing to learn anything from seniors which is remarkable Interview mistakes you must avoid”
- You know that the interview is coming to an end when the interviewer asks you, “Do you have any questions for me?” Answering “no” is perhaps the worst response, as it indicates either you are not interested, or not prepared.
- So before each interview, make a list of five questions you will ask. “I think a good question is, ‘Can you tell me about your career?'” says Kent Kirch, Director Global Talent Acquisition & Mobility, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. “Everybody likes to talk about themselves, so you’re probably pretty safe asking that question.”
4. Fourth interview mistake to watch out for: Researching the company but not yourself
“Every Interviewer generally knows that you came here definitely by researching about the company, but have you researched about yourself? this is another remarkable Interview mistakes you must avoid”
- Candidates intellectually prepare by researching the company.
- Most job seekers do not research themselves by taking inventory of their experience, knowledge, and skills.
- Formulating a list of accomplishments prepares you to immediately respond to any question about your experience.
- You must be prepared to discuss any part of your background. Interviewers usually start the interview with, “So tell me about yourself.” Don’t babble endlessly. Highlight the key points from your academic and professional career – those that they will be interested to hear.
5. Fifth interview mistake to watch out for: Leaving your cellphone on.
“generally this point shows that you are not focusing on what is going on right now and it is a memorable Interview mistake you must avoid”
We may live in a wired, always-available society, but a ringing cellphone is not appropriate for an interview. Turn it off before you enter the company.
6. Sixth interview mistake to watch out for: Waiting for a call
“it has been seen in most of the candidates that they wait for the reply or call about next steps of the recruitment process, don’t do like this until you have told to do by the company and it is most common Interview mistakes you must avoid”
Before leaving an interview, inquire about the next steps/stages of the recruitment process. This will allow you to plan your next move. Typically, you can send a thank you email to the interviewer a few days later, with follow-up questions, if you have any.
Its all over for now but if you want some Quotes upon Interview then read it from her