Table of Contents
Top 10 Essential C Programming Interview Questions
Looking for the Evergreen C Programming Interview Questions? Here you can find 10 Essential and Evergreen C Programming Interview Questions.
The C Programming Language (sometimes termed K&R, after its authors’ initials) is a computer programming book written by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie, the latter of whom originally designed and implemented the language, as well as co-designed the Unix operating system with which development of the language was closely intertwined. The book was central to the development and popularization of the C programming language and is still widely read and used today. Because the book was co-authored by the original language designer, and because the first edition of the book served for many years as the de facto standard for the language, the book was regarded by many to be the authoritative reference on C. Source: Wikipedia
C Programming Interview Questions
Q1. What are the different features offered by programming Language C?
The different features offered by programming Language C are:
- C is a structured programming language with fundamental flow control construction.
- C is a simple and versatile language
- C has a rich set of operators.
- It has only 32 keywords.
- C is a highly portable programming language.
- C has several predefined functions.
- Programs written in C are efficient and fast.
- C permits all data conversions and mixed-mode operations
- Dynamic memory allocation is possible in C.
- Extensive varieties of data types such as arrays, pointers, structures, and unions are available in C.
- C easily manipulates bits, bytes, and addresses.
- A recursive function is possible in C.
- The c compiler combines the capability of an assembly-level language with the features of a high-level language.
Q2. Why is C Programming Language so popular?
C Programming Language is so popular because of the following reasons:
- Programmers can control allocate, deallocate memory
- Using malloc and calloc function memory is allocated statically, automatically, or dynamically.
- C programming language sits close to the operating system
- C programming language is used widely in operating systems, network drivers, system utilities, language compilers, and language interpreters
Q3. What is a Null pointer in C?
Null is a special reserved value of a pointer in C. Null pointer is different from an uninitialized and dangling pointer.
Q4. How will you define stack in C?
The stack is one form of a data structure. A stack is a data structure that is used to store data in a particular order. Data is stored in stacks using the FILO (First In Last Out) approach. Storing data in a stack also known as a PUSH while data retrieval is referred to as a POP. At any particular instance, only the top of the stack is accessible, which means that in order to retrieve data that is stored inside the stack, those on the upper part should be extracted first.
Q5. Write a C program to print: Hello, World?[wpsm_codebox style=”2″]
printf(“Hello, This is my first program in C “);
// printf() displays the string inside quotation
Q6. What is the major difference between FOR and WHILE loop?
The major difference between FOR and WHILE loop are as follows:
- FOR and WHILE loops are entry controlled loops it means test condition is checked for truth while entering into the loop’s body.
- The FOR loop is usually appropriate for loops in which the initialization and increment are single statements and logically related whereas the WHILE loop keeps the loop control statements together in one place.
- FOR loop is used in a more compact case comparing WHILE loop.
Q7. What is the difference between the = symbol and == symbol?
The difference between the = symbol and == symbol is as follows:
- The = symbol is often used in mathematical operations while == symbol is a relational operator.
- = Symbol is used to assign a value to a given variable while == symbol is used to compare two values.
Must Practice : C Programming Coding Interview Questions
Q8. What are the different data types associated with programming Language C?
The different data types associated with programming Language C are:
- Int: Integer-Representing number
- Float: Representing Number with a fraction part
- Double: Double-precision floating-point value
- Char: Representing Single character
- Void: Special purpose type without any value
Q9. What is the difference between ++x and x++?
The difference between ++x and x++ is as follows:
- ++X is called prefixed increment and the increment will happen first on X variable.
- X++ is called postfix increment and the increment happens after the value of X variable used for the operations.
Q10. What is a sequential access file?
Programs store data into files and retrieve existing data from files only. With the sequential access file such data saved in a sequential pattern. When retrieving data from such files each data need to read one by one until the required information found.